Friday, September 30, 2011

20 years

So this weekend is my 20th high school reunion! Yikes it cannot be possible it has been 20 years! Seems like only yesterday we were entering high school as fresh faced freshmen, scared of the upperclassmen and excited about football season and going to homecoming and trying to get the cute boys to notice us! Then we were Seniors and getting our class rings, year books and gowns for graduation.  Time flies by so fast and rarely do we take time to appreciate it when we are young.  Would I go back and do it again? Naw probably not.  It was fun but also full of anxiety and worry.  Would I pass that class? Would so-n-so ask me out? And a thousand other things that really meant nothing in the long run.

Now my son is a freshman. Seems that only yesterday he was a baby in my arms.  Three more years and it will be Senior rings, year books and graduation!  I hope he takes the time to notice things and remember them and enjoy them.


I know this is a little melancholy but I really am excited about seeing my classmates again! I have loved being on the internet and facebook and finding old friends again and I can't wait to see them in person again! I want to show off my kiddos and meet spouses and just spend time remembering "the good old days"!

I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend and I will post new pics of  projects on Sunday or Monday.  The sampler has moved right along and will probably be finished Monday or Tuesday since I will be busy all weekend.

Yes that is me 20 years ago, much bigger hair back then...












Love and Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment